Graphics/ tv tuner/ firewire card

shnaek

I was thinking of buying a TV tuner for my pc. I will also need a firewire input at some stage, and I was thinking lately I may be better off getting a card with firewire input, tv tuner and a graphics card built in.
Can anyone recommend a particular card, or have you any thoughts on it?
Is there anything I should look out for when buying a pci card, or will they work in any machine?
Cheers!

shnaek said:
I was thinking of buying a TV tuner for my pc. I will also need a firewire input at some stage, and I was thinking lately I may be better off getting a card with firewire input, tv tuner and a graphics card built in.
Can anyone recommend a particular card, or have you any thoughts on it?
Is there anything I should look out for when buying a pci card, or will they work in any machine?
Cheers!
Don't know if you will find a card with Firewire as well as a TV tuner and graphics card - they are really separate functions. You will find TV tuner / graphics cards on [broken link removed] priced from €43 to €200.

The ones with built-in DVR are more expensive.

The German brand Hauppage seems to get good reviews - they are in the business a long time.

I'm not sure if the Digital ones will work with NTL Digital - maybe someone else on AAM has tried one out?

Checking out that link now. Cheers. I also heard the ATI ALL-IN-WONDER cards are good. I haven't come across any with firewire so I will probably have to get that seperate by the looks of it. Cheers for the help.

Back