Grant for solar panel

*rose

hi all

was just on sei website and will ring up tomorrow re grant for solar panels, but just wondering if anyone has gotten it? how far in advance do you apply for it?

we are building 3100 sq ft storey and a half and putting up 3 panels - does anyone know how much of a grant you would get for that??

thanks a million! :)

I have applied for the grant and have been approved.
You have to apply for the grant prior to ordering the solar panels. When you get the approval you can then order the panels. The approval lasts 12months. when the work is complete you have to send in all the invoices plus proof of payment and a commissioning report to the SEI for them to send you out the cheque.

They say it takes up to 8 weeks to process the payment. I'm still waiting for mine, but i only returned the paperwork two weeks ago, so i can't complain.

I recieved the grant last year after installing the panels.

You need to make sure that you buy panels that are approved and have them installed by an approved installer. My grant was under Phase I of the scheme, now they are on Phase II but I belive the grant process is the same.

As the previous poster said, you need to have the grant in place before ordering any stuff or getting any work done. Then you must claim the grant within 12 months of the offer letter. The payment took nearly 12 weeks in my case, but it came through in the end.

One thing to note however is that the list of approved instalers will be reduced in March - under Phase II all of the installers must have attended training and passed exams on the renewable products that they wish to be certified for (previously having a tax clearance cert was all that was required to be on the list) so make sure that if your install is going to be after March that your installer is on the new approved installer list.

The grant is based on the Sq M of the panels - €300 per sqM for flat panel and €350 for vacum panel.

thanks a million for your replies!

just printed off the application form and getting it ready to post off (wouldn't it have been much greener if i could have e-mailed in my application!! )

i was told 3 weeks to process payment and then we can put up the panels. also was told poss get a grant of €1200, which is great.

thanks again for your replies

The grant is based on the Sq M of the panels - €300 per sqM for flat panel and €350 for vacuum panel.

Roughly how much say per sq/m would solar panels set me back before grant. Can you recommend a website?

I was enquiring with an installer of solar panels about a month ago. He rang me today and was of the strong opinion that phase II of the Greener Homes scheme was finishing on Monday (March 3rd 2008)! My friend rang the SEI but they said there is a rumour among contractors a the moment and denied the scheme would terminate on Monday. Did anyone hear anything like this?

I plan to start building towards the end of this year but don't want to apply for the grant yet as I probably won't be ready to install (solar panels) in 12 months time!!

Hi all,
Just wondering who ye all got your panles from, did they install them for you, if not who did and how much did it all cost??? Sorry about the loaded question!!!

I'm going to soon apply for the SEI Greener Homes scheme and have decided on the relatively lower solar grant. I was keen on WPB but really don't know now. Anyway can someone advise me on what's the best to go for:

Flat Plate - €250 per m2 (to max.6m2) = €1,500 grant
Evacuated Tube - €300 per m2(to max.6m2) = €1,800 grant

Obviously the Evac tubes allow for a bigger grant and are more efficient but they are more expensive. Anyway if anyone has done the maths can you please let me know if the grant structure means I should install evac tubes rather than flate plate?

The new build house by the way will be a 2,900 sq feet, south facing dormer. Thanks.

We got 6 SqM of Flat Panel solar plates installed in December and sent off for the grant cheque at the end of December (well they pay it straight to your account). We got the money pretty much around the 8 week mark. So glad we got the solar in now. Lately we've have a full 300 Litres of very hot water most days, even if it's a bit cloudy.

Back