granite worktops

dweller

Hi all,I was just wondering if anyone can tell me roughly speaking how much , say, per foot , or meter does a granite worktop cost? I only need an estimate so I can get a general idea of the cost.All the suppliers will only give a quote when I email them a copy of what I want.I don't want to go to that much trouble until I know whether or not its within my budjet at all in the first place.

You do need to go to the trouble of telling them exactly what you want, if you expect an accurate quote.

We paid 4K for approx 6 metres of granite.
As was said before, the price is very variable depending on how much cutting they have to do.
Ours was in 4 different parts, One has a corner, and one has an undermounted sink, so it was reasonably complex.

Another piece of advice - go directly to a granite supplier, not to a kitchen shop. You will get a better price, If you are in Dublin, Murphys in Leopardstown and Roes in Cabinteely are two big suppliers. The kitchen suppliers all go to them anyway.

you should also note that the cost of a granite worktop depends on what colour you select as prices can vary quite alot even for the same area and cut outs

I would definitly make sure you shop around. Some of the Dublin suppliers are expensive.

Roughly speaking i think the rate is €50/ft2 and seeing as your standard unit top is 600mm it works out roughly about €100 per linear foot of granite top, that is with out any cuts or finishes to the edges, for each cut i think is €450 a linear metre. This is for you sink or a edge finish to the top.

Back