Granite Worktop - Small Piece

Ned_ie

Hi all

I am in the process of making an island unit for my beautiful wife. As the space is limited in our kitchen I have decided to make it such that is sits under our breakfast bar and can be pulled out when needed (i.e. on castors).

My question relates to granite worktops. I am looking for a piece of worktop in odrer to use on the island unit. I imagine I only need a piece about 18" in width but depth is about 36" (i.e. 3000m is the depth of the breakfast bar.)

Does anyone know of any place where I might be able to pick this up?

Thanks a million

Thanks Sueellen

just realuised as well that my measurements were just a little bit off!!! as in by about 2100mm!!!

I had meant to say a pieace about 450mm x 900mm (18"x36").

I'm going to try Southern Stone this am to see if they have it.

Thanks again

Ned, walk into any granite supplier's workshop, pick up an off-cut and they will probably give it to you for free. I got lots of pieces this size and bigger (off cuts from recessed hobs etc) to bring home and assess.

recently bought black granite worktop ( 3m x 60cm x 3cm thickness) for
€1200 installed !! Chap on the northside does a fantastic deal...being this inexpensive, it was also included 2 cut-outs for the sink,which sat on top of the worktop,and a cut -out for the cooker. i would imagine it would be a different price for an undermounted sink with drainer grooves...but i'm absolutely delighted with mine !!(this was by far the cheapest in Dulin i could find) 086-0785906..
Enjoy

Back