granite upstands

M

marmaduke

Hi
I recently had a granite worksurface fitted with an up stand. It looks fantastic but i'm not all that pleased with the fitting job. I've had to get them to come back a couple of times to fix little things. What I am trying to find out is how granite worksurfaces should be sealed to the upstand? They have used silicone sealant which I'm not very impressed with at all. Granted it's waterproof but it also has lots of potential to stain and 'tear' leaving rough edges and it's not very hygienic in the kitchen. Does anyone else have experience of this? Is it normal for upstands to be sealed to the worksurface in this way?

Thanks.

My kitchen has an upstand on top of the granite worktop. It is joined with a silicon sealer. The job is so neat and the silcon sealer is black, so its hardly possible to see any joinings.

Like MandaC, My granite worktop and upstand is all totally smooth with no rough parts at all and is sealed with a black silicone type substance.

Thanks for that I feel much better! I was just getting concerned because of the few other things that had gone wrong.