Grange Road Baldoyle

LM26

Hi,

I recently posted about Raheny/Killester and got valuable feedback - thanks! We will be closing on our house sale shortly and then will be arranging house viewings so have just been doing research into the area so far by visiting etc.

A colleague in work has just suggested that I look into Baldoyle/Sutton Area. One of the houses that I have found and liked the look of is on Grange Road. Has anyone got feedback on this in relation to reputation, proximity to amenities such as shops, restaurants, parks etc.

From looking at the myhome.ie map it appears to be quite close to the Dart which is on our wish list. The houses here are much cheaper than Raheny/Killester and based on feedback I may know why but I am hoping the feedback will be positive as the more areas we have to consider the better chance we have.

Thanks for any help.

Hi LM26,

First off congrats on selling the hosue hope it all goes well for you. Now for grange road in baldoyle i actually put an offer on a house on that road before we bought. anywho the road itself is close to a dart station (if its the end towards the shops/church) its bayside station and a 5 min stroll across the park. there is a news agents/lidl/barber and pub in on the road. the pub closes at about 11 and when we enquired if there any trouble from it after closing (asked local guard) he said not really once in a blue moon. from that road you can walk to sea walk in balydoyle (near graingers pub) and around that road you have graingers pub, newsagents, library. also the area is littered with schools ( i went to pobalscoil neasain near the dart station its a secondary). the area is quite settled there a few new developments near buy, beau park, the coast but they are towards the donaghmede end of the road.

anyway good luck with it

burger.

Burger1979 thanks so much for your reply, we are still anxiously waiting to close, the buyer has said they have signed and are just waiting on cheque, they have been very keen so far so can only hope for the best.

Your feedback is really helpful. Going to see a house on Grange Road on Sat as its just been recently reduced and a guy in work told us the area has alot to offer, so nothing to lose really. Planning to head out a bit earlier and have a good look around.

Thanks again!

grange road is grand......BIG difference in price between baldoyle and sutton...unless u consider bayside to be in sutton

I live in clongriffin and have lived in the general raheny/donaghmede area most of my life. i would say that grange road is very different to sutton/raheny/killester. Its a much less settled area partly due to the huge increase in houses/apartments built there in the last few years.

Transport wise, the bus service is fine but there is no DART. It was due to open in 2007 (clongriffin/baldoyle station) and we're still waiting. The latest date is January 2010. The dart that you see maybe bayside as someone else mentioned but i would have thought thats a lot more than a 5 minute walk although I have never done it.

The closest shops are LIDL at the racecourse, superquinn in sutton and dunnes in donaghmede. Theres due to be a superquinn in clongriffin but no sign of that yet.

The newly opened Father Collins Park in Clongriffin is great and theres donaghmede park just off grange road also.

What the area really lacks is pubs/restaurants. There aren't any to speak of. The only ones i know of are Franks Kitchen (Chinese) in clongriffin which is more of a takeaway. Pubwise theres the racecourse in baldoyle, graingers in balydoyle and the Inn in donaghmede shopping centre, none of which are great. In fact I wouldn't set foot in two of them!

Thanks for all the replies. Big chicken, thanks for the honest feedback!

Went to see a property on Saturday on Grange Road that had great potential but too much work for us to take on. Regardless of the property though the location is not for us. We didnt like the industrial feel to the area as you approach it and also how busy the road was.

In terms of Sutton, there are a couple of properties there at the very top of our budget that we may consider going to view, however they seem relatively small so think we will be still concentrating our search in Raheny/Killester. Very few houses are up for sale though in the estates we like there so hence the reason we were trying to look further afield to broaden our search!

Back