Grange Hall Dunshauglin

blueskies

Hi there
Anyone live on this estate. Looking for a family home for the medium term. Is there a good feel to this place

Anyone know about Dunshaughlin as a place to live

Thanks

Hi there, i live in Grange Hall and i think its a nice estate. Its very quiet and theres rarely any noise, and ive had no trouble there at all. Theres a few nice green areas for the children to play on and is kept in very good condition and maintained well. Its also in walking distance of the town too.
Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just shout.

Hi
I also live in Grange Hall would agree with what Andrea79 has said. The tarmac and lights still aren't finished in the newest part of the estate but other than that it's fine. Dunshaughlin itself is a fairly nice village. It lacks a good restaurant or two. Once the by pass and water works are finished is should improve. PM if you have any questions.

I live just off the village, in Maelduin (thus @male doon" !). There five years now...very quiet at night, even weekends, good place to bring up young children...but teenagers, maybe not...most places they want to go means mammy/daddy taxi!
Agree, needs a good restaurant (plenty of cafe's and too many hair shops!), but best place to eat is "Peter's" pub).
Looking forward to M3 opening next year, should make crossing Main St a lot safer, provided drivers are prepared to pay the toll.
Work colleague moved to Grange last year, he's very happy there.
Commercial life dominated by one family, from what I can gather, not enough competition re fast food, for example.
Could say a lot more, not much time left just now, but generally I would be positive in my comments about the place...

Moving into Mael Duin in a couple of weeks. Looking at Grange Hall but heard the builder was oging into liquidation,

Peters Male Doon? A come on, he gives you about 3 chips and his prices are way of the top.

Welcome to Maelduin, Nantastic! I was going to say "welcome to Dunshaughlin" but maybe you already live there and are moving from one part of it to another! Anyway, surprised that you have given the thumbs down to Peters. Seeing as we are going to be neighbours, maybe we'll agree to disagree All I'll say is that Dunshaughlin could do with a bit more competition restaurant-wise, even with the recent opening of the "Venice".
By the way, if you are intending to stay in Dunshaughlin long-term, you might consider having a water softener installed. The hard water coming into the estate, and in the county generally, can be quite destructive re heating and appliances. I am not sure if the new water tower they are building will improve things in this regard.