Gran Canaria: Booking directly with apartments?

gramlab

Usually do Lanzarote in December and book directly with a place in Puerto Del Carmen.

Does anyone know places in Gran Canaria that have websites you can book with. I know you can do it with the likes of alpharooms etc, but I would prefer to do it direct with the complex if I could?

Plenty of places, Which resort are you staying in. I can only help if you are staying in Puerto rico or Amadores, By the way I have boooked with plenty of hotel websites and directly with the hotels, I just choose the better price.

Thank you so much - had booked flights for the mid term and had been tearing my hair out to find a place with three bedrooms and a heated pool that wasn't booked out. This place had it.

Is there parking on site - or would we best just hiring a transfer from the airport?

Not fixed on the resort. Just looking for something which suits 2 young kids. Have done lanzarote for last few years but we need a change this christmas.

Thanks for the link Runner

Yes, you can park right outside. Its very secure, friendly and generally quiet as the bungalows are well spaced out in blocks. Its very convenient and its a very civilized area well away from the 'irish centre' and 'kasbah' which are to be avoided!
Have stayed there many times, and be there for xmass as well.
PS: if you email then you might get a slightly better price - i got extra 10% off!

Terrazamar suites/suites are fab..puerto rico gran canaria

Found a site for this place but all it does is re-direct to a UK holiday site, which comes back with no availabilities no matter what dates I put in.

It says its location is very close to the Yumbo centre - would this not be as busy/noisy as the Kasbah etc?

Also very few reviews are in english so its hard to guage the comments. Is it a mainly german complex?

Yes, near back entrance to Yumbo, but no real noise pollution or footfall as its behind the centre. Its an enclosed complex much the size of merrion square, so ure normally away from the boundary and its extremely quiet with good seperation between groups of bungalows and 3 swimming pools, 2 small bars and a restuarant, though I never really use these myself much as I tend to go out.
Yes, its mainly germans use it, and mainly the older generation. I like
that since they dont speak english so nobodys bugging me while I read or relax!
Its generally so quite there, that you can join the synchronised snoring snoring groups in the afternoon for a bit of excitement!
Mainly though, its walking distance from a lot of nice places to go in the evening. I you do book there, I will post a list of some recommendations.