Grallow wood ... abbeyleix

We had a look at them a few months ago, just out of curiosity. They look well, estate looks well laid out. Don't know much about the developers, I think they're Longford based.

Not impressed. I looked at a 4bed detached for €450k. Rooms were small and if the showhouse is anything to go by...poorly finished. The Estate Agent couldn't even bother to get up off his This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language on the sofa to address me. It looks like that in today's market houses sell themselves. I think the layout of the stairs is an accident waiting to happen if there are small children in the house. If I were you I would see if I could get something out the Ballyroan Rd. I hear these houses go for circa €350k and are usually on a large site. Spend the money you saved doing it up and buy yourself a nice car for the 1km drive into the town.

P.S. Morrisey's aint what it used to be..and the town could do with a decent restaurant. The new chinise sitdown place doesn't sell beer or accept credit cards. Having said that...the new playground at the top end of the town is fantastic for kids and the town itself has a very nice feel to it.

Thanks for the replies ... not looking to buy in Abbeyleix but in another development by the same company. We are debating going to see Grallow wood to get a feel for the standard of the build before we commit. Once again, thanks for the replies.

Just to confirm I didn't have a look at any of the houses internally- it was a Sunday and the site was shut so finishes may be poor- I just couldn't see them.

Thanks again Carpenter. The development we're looking at has a perfect location but I think that's why it is so expensive.

We spoke to the QS of the company. He told us that the bathrooms/kitchens/doors/windows are all imported directly from Lithuania ... giving you more for your money.

I have spoken to someone who bought an apartment from this developer ... who was happy with it ... despite having innumerable problems with the plumbing etc.

I think we will take a drive to see Grallow wood ... for peace of mind. Thanks again.

HP,
Not trying to alarm you but I have heard from locals that, even at this early stage, there are cracks appearing in the walls of some of the houses. However, this is not altogether surprising considering the fact that this development was built on a bog!.
I have not inspected the properties myself, but I think that they are building a development in/near Longford town aswell.
Regards,
P.

Cracks were evident when I saw the showhouse a few weeks ago.

Nice web site though - [broken link removed] You can check the prices and availability online. Nifty!

Grallow Wood 6 years later

sadly two properties from this estate are on the Alsopp.ie auction list for 1st March 2012 - reserve price at €50,000 - how things have changed
Mcgann

Do the properties really sell at those low prices though?

Is it not a bit of a gimmick or do they publish the actual sale price anywhere?

Back