Govt sponsored websites that do the same thing.

Howitzer

I work in a web based business so I see a lot of these. Pretty bad offenders being anything Health or Broadband orientated but this one just takes the biscuit.

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

SEI assists small and medium enterprises that are keen to take action to save energy but are unsure where to start.
By definition, by duplicating something that was already provided this website is an example of waste. That it's taxpayers money that is being wasted and not 5 volts of electricity is merely semantics.

I thought in the current fiscal environment and in light of the [broken link removed] vs Citizens Information http://www.independent.ie/national-news/euro500000-state-website-found-to-be-a-duplicate-1308893.html (fiasco)we'd be seeing a lot less of this nonsense.

Perhaps its time for a quick email to the C&AG or Dept. of Finance pointing this out to them?

Perhaps its time for a quick email to the C&AG or Dept. of Finance pointing this out to them?
I'm not sure that this would have much effect. Maybe some embarrassing questions from a journo or an opposition TD might get some profile on the issue?