Governor of New York

E

Elphaba

Anyone see gov.of New Yorks resigination speech (after being caught with high class prostitute) During his speech his wife stood loyally beside him...The hooker he was with has made millions already, what does his poor wife get?? except looking dumb in front of the whole world. Why in politics is it the norm for a wife to stand by her husband to the end no matter what he's done...e.g. Bill Clinton. I think these politicians wives are weak. If he had any other occupation, no normal wife would put up with it...or would they??

Bertie's didn't!!

Why in politics is it the norm for a wife to stand by her husband to the end no matter what he's done...e.g. Bill Clinton.

An oldie but a goldie:

Hillary and Bill Clinton have packed up their things and are on their way to the White House. Bill pulls into a filling station in Little Rock, and the owner comes out of the garage to shake his hand. Suddenly, Hillary hops out of the car: she's recognised the guy. It's Tommy, a guy she'd dated briefly in high school. They chat for a while, and then the Clintons get back in the car and get on the road.

Bill turns to Hillary and says, “life’s funny isn’t it? Here’s a guy you dated years ago, and he owns a filling station. You could have married him or me. You chose me, and look at what a difference it made. You're the First Lady of the United States, and he's married to a gal who’s married to a guy who owns a filling station.”

“I know,” she says. “I could have married him, and then I'd be First Lady, and you'd be married to a gal who's married to a guy who owns a filling station.”