Government grant to get exterior walls insulated

Conshine

Hi guys - Somebody told me that there was a government grant available for people that wished to insulate their external walls.

I called my local council and they said that it is something being proposed, but nothing has happened so far.

Does anybody have any info on this?

Is there a criteria to be met (eg, income)?
How much will the grant be?
Ay idea of when it will be available?

We need to get ours done before next winter and am thinking of getting it done in the summer, hoping to be able to negotiate a bit on price with summer being a quiet (??) period for these guys, but if there is a grant going to be available, I may hang on for a bit.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Sueellen - I emailed the SEI and their reply is below - Will see what happens.:

Thank you for your email.

At present there is no Insulation grant available. We have put your details on file and if there is details released of an Insulation grant we will be in contact with you.

Kindest regards
SEI

There used to be a grant but as far as I know it stopped. What part of the country are you in ? If you live in a Gaeltacht / Conamara / Rural area there might be some chance. Any way its not that expensive to have done. I had a property done about four years ago and it's a great job. Easy and no mess.

Sorry I forget. They do it by pumping liquid aerosol into the cavity. Leaves some small marks on the exterior walls where it is pumped in.

There used to be a grant but as far as I know it stopped.

Yeah, thats what I heard - I think it probably still applies to new builds, but my place is 20 years old.

What part of the country are you in ? If you live in a Gaeltacht / Conamara / Rural area there might be some chance.

Would love to live out there - unfortunately (although fortunately in some ways), am just outside Dublin.

Any way its not that expensive to have done. I had a property done about four years ago and it's a great job. Easy and no mess.

The "pumping method" - how much does it actually cost?
I know it leaves holes like the house has been sprayed with bullets, but thats easily sorted out.

Its an average size detached 3 bedroom - Dont really know the dimensions.

Cheers!

My parents had it done last year-3 bed bungalow of average size-havnt a notion of dimentions-between 800-900 euro. We are considering getting it done-4bed detached in Kildare. Not too sure what kinda bricks/cavity we have so might have to get them out to take a look to see if it would work.

Conshine,

Not sure if myself and sydthebeat took you up wrong when we thought you meant insulating the walls externally rather than the that you are speaking about now.

There is a grant under the fuel poverty initiative, but it is only for low income households, and coverage throughout the country is sporadic as it is administered through community agencies.

Re: exterior wall insulation

Does anyone know any companies who will install / fit exterior insulation on a semi-detached house in Dublin 14.

There is lots of information available about what products to use, but no list of installers.

Re: exterior wall insulation

i see there is a company called uvalue.ie but never used them..think they supply and install

i have a reasonably small job (ie 5 rooms need dry lined) and have been looking at either products kingspan kootherm k17 / 18 or a product called actis which appears to be a reflective foil type product which is much thinner.
has anyone views / comments on the products or on this company if you have used them before >