Government Departments and Income Levy Certificates

Graham_07

I know this is an employment/tax/levy issue but it's a rant, hence here. What is it with Government Departments and the Income Levy Certificate for 2009? So far I have encountered 4 clients working for Government Departments, none of whom have received the I/L certificate for 2009. They got their P60's ok in the normal manner ( eventually ) but no sign of I/L certs. Several of these are Dept of Education & Science and others are HSE. I'm having to ask the clients to get on to look for them. I wonder are they all the same? Anyone here in the P/S who has received one ? Private sector employers have all long since issued them. It can not be a technology issue surely as even the most basic payroll package will churn out the I/L certs along with the P60's.

I received one very shortly after my P60 from a Gov Dept.

Edit: I didnt get an Income levy cert at all, I did get a Pension Related Deduction cert. I must check that out.

I received 3 certs, P60, Income Levy and Pension Related Deduction (HSE employee). They were all posted individually, so perhaps some got lost in the post?

I'm aware that one Government Dept has gone online with their payroll services, so staff can print their own certificates.