Government Bond Protection?

sixshooter

Hi,
I was looking to buy Bonds (fixed at 4%) in a credit institution (Deutsche Bank), but just wanted to ask whether there is any government protection for the client (me) in this case?
For example, if I put money in a deposit account with DB and the bank goes bust, under I'm protected by the Govt Deposit Protection scheme. Is there something similar for credit institution bonds?
However, if there is no protection from the government for bonds in a credit insititution, a bond could be seen as more risky than a deposit account in the same credit insititution.
Could someone clarify this?
Thanks...

If the bank goes bust, you still have the bond - it is paid by the government not by the bank

For example, if I put money in a deposit account with DB and the bank goes bust, under I'm protected by the Govt Deposit Protection scheme.

Although there is a deposit protection scheme in Germany, as far as I know it's not underwritten by the German government. I think it's a contributory scheme of the banks themselves.

If the bank goes bust, you still have the bond - it is paid by the government not by the bank

I don't understand this. If you have a corporate bond from Deutsche Bank and DB goes bust, why would the Government pay you back? And which Government?

Hi,
I was looking to buy Bonds (fixed at 4%) in a credit institution (Deutsche Bank), but just wanted to ask whether there is any government protection for the client (me) in this case?

There is no cover as it is a corporate bond.... If you want to go investing in corporate bonds, then I should think there are a lot less risk opportunities out there.