got the credit report I ordered from the ICB: no credit rating but I have cc/loans?

M

mariposa

I got the credit report I ordered from the ICB this morning.

It states that there is no data found relating to my credit history. How could that be when I have had car loans and a credit card also?

These banks/ building societies are members of the credit bureau system. How is that possible?

I have contacted ICB this morning but got no answer. I'm worried because I heard that no credit rating is worse than a bad credit rating.

I'm looking to apply for a mortgage soon.

ICB opening hours say that they are staffed today so I would try them again. They can only give you the information that they have been given though so you would need to contact the financial institutions you have had loans and credit cards with and ask them to update this information with the ICB. You'll probably have to wait until 4th Jan to start to get them working on this now.

Most banks only report to the ICB when someone defaults. Many do nothing until then.
The have no obligation to report anything to the ICB which is a non statutory body.

Hi Mari

This is very common.

I checked my report recently and it was blank despite my mortgage and credit card. I was hoping to see some sort of gold star attached to my name.

Brendan

Thanks for replies! I got through the ICB earlier. They said I've to contact the credit union and the bank. As you said, she told me that the banks etc tend to only report when there are problems. She said I can insist on them submitting my details to give me a good credit history. I was hoping for that gold star too!