Got quote for windows - good/bad?

muffin1973

Hi all,

Got a quote of €2900 for uPVC Windows (5 incl. small window in bathroom) - other windows fairly normal size. Is this a decent quote??

Thanks

M

That seems very reasonable - we paid 8K for 7 biggish windows and 2 small windows for bathroom & en-suite

i paid 5100 for 8 big windows 2 small bathroom windows and a back door all in white and double glazed

I also got a quote - 3,900 for 5 big PVC windows plus a set of double doors with sidelights. Seems okay to me or should I keep shopping??

Art said:
I also got a quote - 3,900 for 5 big PVC windows plus a set of double doors with sidelights. Seems okay to me or should I keep shopping??

We paid Mahons in Athlone 8.500 euro for 22 windows and 2 doors, bog Oak PVC.
Excellent price and I am very happy with the windows.

yop, that looks like a great price. i am hoping to start building next may or later in kenagh, co longford. currently getting quotes in for work. would be grateful if you could pass me the phone number please for mahons in athlone as this is only 16 miles away.

muffin1973 said:
Hi all,

Got a quote of €2900 for uPVC Windows (5 incl. small window in bathroom) - other windows fairly normal size. Is this a decent quote??M
Sorry but now go get 2 more quotes and only then will you really know if its cheap or not, never do anything with only 1 quote,

ClubMan said:
Do you own a hotel or just live in a mansion? :confused:

:) Nope, just the planner who "designed" our house decided she wanted small narrow windows to blend in with the other house (4 miles away) in the area which had these old style windows!
We like our light also!!! Passive heating ;)

No problem, the number is 0906430214 or Kieran was the lad who I dealt with on 0872865610. I got 3 quotes, but these guys were the only ones who would supply me the windows once the timber frame had gone up, the other wanted to wait until the cills were in! 8 week waiting for them though, which is standard.
They are a black bog oak, with a very distinct grain.
Have a look at the link to my blog to see them

Are all of the above quotes just for the windows or does it include installation also?

Quote covers windows + installation + any plastering that's needed....

we've ordered ours anyway so should be in within a couple of weeks :D

muffin1973 said:
Quote covers windows + installation + any plastering that's needed....

we've ordered ours anyway so should be in within a couple of weeks :D

Ok - I'm in the same boat I'm looking to get new windows in Beaumont on Dublin northside. I have 3 standard windows (4ft x 4ft) and 1 bay window (2fy x 7ft x 2ft). I'd be grateful if you answered a few questions:

- who did you go with..a builder or direct from manufacturer (e.g Senator)
- what guarantees are with the frames and the glass
- what u value do the windows have

Thanks a lot,
Ciaran.

I paid £230 for my bay window, the fitting is what costs the most, then the glass the UPVC is the cheapest part. Less openers can reduce the price of a window. I was charged £100 to fit my window and I was very pleased

I used smartupvc they are in west mids, not sure where cant remember, email was smartupvc@yahoo.co.uk and his name was stewart if i remember rightly.

Have a nice day :>

Hi Muffin, think thats a good deal. Who are you getting these off and do you have a number? Cheers

Follow on from my post above re 4 windows (3 standard 4ft x 4ft and 1 bay window 2fy x 7ft x 2ft ). I got a good few quotes but in the end I went with Wright window systems in Westmeath. They were the cheapest quote (2,750 inc fitting and removal of old ones) and from their website they seem to be fairly reputable. They also gave 10 year guarantees with the frames and the glass. Some places only gave 5 years with the glass. They can't fit them until end August so I won't really know what they're like till then.

wondering did anyone use Ulster Misfits they supply the windows and you would fit them yourselves.

The person who is going to fit the window's /doors is the person who should measure!

Back