Got a Wireless connection but can't connect to it!

Mr Flapjack

Set myself up there a month or so back with Eircom's wireless homestarter 1mb deal. Was working away brilliantly, full strength connection, no issues. Then, one day, for no apparent reason, I couldn't connect to the wireless connection. When I search for available connections, I can see it alright but the top right had corner of the info box (containing the signal strength, connection name, etc) said that the connection status was "Automatic". About 2 weeks ago, I reinstalled the CD I got from Eircom on my machine and tried connecting again. IT worked but I noticed that the connection status in the top right hand corner was "Connected". Now its back to automatic and I'm lost for a reason why.

Has anyone had similar problems to this? I have no idea why it changed back to automatic and I cannot get it to change back. Don't want to have to keep re-installing. I have never changed the security key I was given so that's not the problem. Anyone with any ideas?

sounds like something wrong with your WEP/security settings. Give Eircom's help desk a call, they are usually pretty good.

Had planned to alright. they were very helpful when setting up. Just thought there might have been an easy solve out there... Thanks.