Gort na Si or Fort Haven, Co. Sligo

Jennypen

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on either one of these developments? Both seem very reasonably priced. Would be looking to purchase to rent. Is there a rental market in this area?
Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Is Gort na Si not Fort Haven ? Thought they were the same place.

I'm not sure. I have seen houses listed on 2 different websites under the names "Gort na Si" and "Fort Haven" in Coolaney, Co. Sligo. I'm not familiar with Sligo but these houses seem keenly priced and I'm interested to know if it is an area with development prospects. I have been priced out of houses in the Galway area. Any info much appreciated on Sligo.

Thanks!
Jen.

Hi Jennypen,

I have bought a house in the Fort Haven development and im very pleased with it. Gort na Si and Fort Haven are two seperate estates beside each other built by Eirn Construction. There are 8 detached 4 beds and 24 4-bed semis in the first phase. 2 more phases of 4-bed semis are due to start after xmas. I'm not sure if theres any units left in Gort na Si, the estate looks nearly finished.

The village of Coolaney itself is small but has all the essentials - pubs, restaurant, chinese take-away, church, school, community centre etc. Its about 15mins into Sligo town. The population in this area has doubled recently due to the urban renewal tax reliefs. These reliefs are due to end in December but building will be ongoing for the next while. I'm not sure about the rental market, you will have a lot of competition as many new houses have popped up recently and the trend is to buy not rent at the moment. Hope this is of help to you.

Hi Jennypen,

I have bought a house in the Fort Haven development and im very pleased with it. Gort na Si and Fort Haven are two seperate estates beside each other built by Eirn Construction. There are 8 detached 4 beds and 24 4-bed semis in the first phase. 2 more phases of 4-bed semis are due to start after xmas. I'm not sure if theres any units left in Gort na Si, the estate looks nearly finished.

The village of Coolaney itself is small but has all the essentials - pubs, restaurant, chinese take-away, church, school, community centre etc. Its about 15mins into Sligo town. The population in this area has doubled recently due to the urban renewal tax reliefs. These reliefs are due to end in December but building will be ongoing for the next while. I'm not sure about the rental market, you will have a lot of competition as many new houses have popped up recently and the trend is to buy not rent at the moment. Hope this is of help to you.

15 years ago no one would have ever thought/dreamed of moving to Coolaney unless they were some London stockbroker who had just had a nervous breakdown and needed to "go somewhere quiet and peaceful to sort themselves out!!"

That has now changed and a lot of Twenty and Thirty-something couples/people from Sligo Town are moving there because they are even priced out of buying a 2 bed terrace in Jinks Avenue. I personally know four couples that have moved out there within the last six months, each of whom are DINKY's and they love it, so that future looks good for the place.

The only problem is road and social infrastructure that is currently in place but saying that its not a long drive from Sligo Town and the roads are getting better all the time.

Hi Jennypen,

I was in Sligo last week and went ot the Gort na Si development - very impressive - I would think its was superior to Fort Haven - its seems better finished and the units and scheme appears better designed

whats the story with getting tax relief on houses in fort haven? If one owns their own house what tax is permitted for the owner to apply for. Tried to apply for ownr occupier relief but revenue got back to me sayin that 15 per cent of the house had to have been constructed in 2006, although builder told me il be eligable for it.
Any replies would be appriecated!

Back