Gorsehill, Swords...good or bad?

B

Bertibabe

Hi Guys,

Would appreciate your comments about the Gorse Hill property in Swords?? Dealings with the builders etc??

Re: Gorsehill..good or bad??

I bought a 2 bed apt in gorse hill last year, its still not ready and looks like it will be another couple of months. I'm living abroad so I won't be much help to you, the only time I've been out to the site is for the extras and that was a bit of a song and dance, was told no gaurantee to what colour fireplace, wardrobes and cabinets would be. I presummed it would be as per show apt but appartently not. I bought in Gorse as it was within my budget location wise and am hoping for the best!

Re: Gorsehill, Swords...good or bad??

Expect very long delays a year and a half to two years from the time you buy as for someone i know,builders very slow, like how long does it take to build a 2 bed apartment.Gorse hill is not in Swords it is in Kinseally.Not much around it,apartments badly planned with potentially noisey steel stair structure leading to 4 doors for 4 apartments.Surely this will be noisey at 3am on Friday/Satnights with people coming home from nightclubs etc.Well thats my 50 cents worth?

Also bus service is poor not many of them

finbar said:
Expect very long delays a year and a half to two years from the time you buy as for someone i know,builders very slow, like how long does it take to build a 2 bed apartment.Gorse hill is not in Swords it is in Kinseally.Not much around it,apartments badly planned with potentially noisey steel stair structure leading to 4 doors for 4 apartments.Surely this will be noisey at 3am on Friday/Satnights with people coming home from nightclubs etc.Well thats my 50 cents worth?

That was not my experience (bought a 3 bed house). Bought in February last year with an expected completion date of December. The house was ready for snagging by mid December and I closed by the second week of January.

Also I was somewhat confused by whether it was Kinsealy or Swords myself for a time, however the contracts and deeds all say Swords so I'd say thats fairly definitive for Swords.

houses must be a lot quicker then , than apartments.
swords address it may be on the deeds but lets be honest its a long
long way from swords walking , its kinseally as far as im concerned
much quicker to walk to the kinseally inn for a pint than walk home from
swords as taxis are very hard to get on a Fri/sat night home.

finbar said:
swords address it may be on the deeds but lets be honest its a long
long way from swords walking , its kinseally as far as im concerned
much quicker to walk to the kinseally inn for a pint than walk home from
swords as taxis are very hard to get on a Fri/sat night home.

Thats not exactly uncommon though, there are plenty of places in Dublin where the address might be in one district but be a closer walk to the centre of another one.

Like Carpenterstown - Castleknock
parts of Lucan like foxborough which are more neilstown than Lucan Tyrellstown which is Mulhudard
Clonsilla - which is Blanch in the end of the day
Gorsehill which the builders quote as "in between Swords and Malahide",
the builders are trying to con people into buying some address that it is not.
Adamstown which is Lucan
and theres plenty more

Oh dear very frustrated here...............the house is built and painted, electricians hsvr brrn and gone since Feb and they are still saying June is the completion date. Also Im ashamed to say it but the forewoman is totally imcompedent!! Gave me the plans for the opposite end apartment and told me to turn it around and hold it up to the light!!! Hellooooooo!!

I bought in another development by the same builders (albany/trident homes) and we didn't get to close until 6 months after the original date we were given, but 3 months before we closed they were saying it would be ready in 2 weeks and that went on and on and on and .......

finbar said:
Also bus service is poor not many of them

The Bus service to Kinsealy from the city centre significently improved from yesterday. Also I believe the 230 will be improved and provide a service from Dublin Airport, possibly through Drynam Road onto Malahide and onto Sutton. Bear in mind that if the eastern route of the metro is approved the metro will go close to the Albany Development. Otherwise there will be a metro stop at Airside approx 15-20 minutes walk away

The 230 and 102 routes are to be merged, so yes, the route wil be Dublin Airport to Sutton Station via Malahide and Portmarnock.

Try It is a friendly discussion forum for neighbours, future neighbours and people looking at the estate to buy to find out what the estate is like and keep in touch. It gives updates on events, services, problems and solutions

Back