Goose Fat....Where can I get it ?

R

r2d2

Hi All,

I'm looking for goose fat to cook roasties in.....Any idea where I can get some in Dublin ?

Thanks,

r2d2

Dunnes Stores have it as well. I think Epicure is the brand and it cost about €3.29

Great stuff, I thought I was going to have to go to some obscure deli....

Thanks all...

fallon & byrnes on exchequer street have it, probably more expensive than the one you can get in dunnes stores though

Seen it in Harvey Nichols too...their own brand! Reckon Tesco/Dunnes would be just as good.

Tesco stocks it and yes it's the Epicure brand, they always have a shelf on it's own of Epicure stock.

There's a Lakeshore one as well, it got a write up in a few of the papers before Christmas. I got it in Dunnes. Makes great roasties!

Agreed it gives roasties a lovely crispy skin but the key to good roasties in my opinion is to first of all have a good spud (personally I like a rooster for this) and secondly to parboil the potatoe first before roasting to ensure the inside is nice and soft.

after parboiling them, give them a little shake in a covered saucepan to "fluff" them up a bit. Then toss them in the hot goose fat which will crisp up the fluff and give fab roasties