Google's St. Patrick's Day Logo Vote

Lex Foutish

On your Google home page you can vote for your favourite child's logo and I presume they'll select the one with the most votes and use it on St. Patrick's Day. I took a look thorough them a while ago (left click on an image for enlargement) and some of them are excellent. Great variety and indicitive of a great depth of artistic talent in the country.

Well done the Children of Ireland!

How very "Oirish". What have we done to our children's view of the country and our national holiday?

There are 3 or 4 that have some merit and imagination, the rest feature the usual stage-Oirish tat - alcohol, spuds, leprechauns, pots-a-gold - how sad.

Some also seem to have had 'help'!

Or else these kids are artists in the making...

A fair comment but you didn't suggest any alternative.

There were some great features showing Irish landmarks... I seen a round tower, a high cross, cliffs of moher, townhouses, the spire - there were also inclusions like old language letters, celtic artifacts and such, they looked great and got my vote.

Some of the logos were good, about 4, the rest were very oirish and frankly embarrassing.

Maybe visual symbols depicting begrudgery, small mindness’, self centeredness, belittling might have been a more accurate reflection of Ireland and it's people.