Google search history

capall

Does anyone know how you stop previous searches showing in google,if you start typing H etc it shows all the previous searches done starting with H ?

YES you can - but how to do it depends on how you do your Google searches.

If you search from the Google web site the search terms that are saved in the dropdown box aren't saved by Google itself, but by your Web browser. If you use IE, this is saved as a "form" (like other forms that you fill out on the Web). To get rid of the contents of this drop-down list, do the following:

In Int. Expl'r

1) click the Tools menu and select
[broken link removed]
Options...

2) Click the Contents tab.

3) Click the Auto Complete button.

4) Click the Clear Forms button.

PLEASE NOTE that this will clear the auto complete information saved by all Web forms, not just Google's!

There are some PC Cleaning software you can download free from the internet. I once downloaded one from www.ccleaner.com and found it fine, they may try to induce you to buy a better product but for what you want I found it great.

There are some PC Cleaning software you can download free from the internet. I once downloaded one from www.ccleaner.com and found it fine, they may try to induce you to buy a better product but for what you want I found it great.

Use it too and I think it's great. You can even set up higher security 'cleans' if you need to.

Worth looking at the 'top 100 free downloads' link here posted by Car in the key posts.

If you use IE as your browser then do the following

Left Click on Start
Settings
Control Panel
Double click on Internet Options
Click on Content tab
Under the AutoComplete heading, click on the Settings button
Untick the Forms tickbox

Close your browser window (if you had one open)
Launch IE again

Should do the trick?

Back