Google ireland homepage

Markjbloggs

Have 2 problems with Google right now

1. On explorer, no matter how many times I set my preferences on Google, it always reverts to the ireland homepage - I do not want this. Is there a way to prevent this from happening.

2 Started using firefox - Today, while away from my PC for a while, Google Ireland has set itself as my search page.

What is going on here? Are these guys snooping on users webpages?

Is Google the new Microsoft???

One thing you could try is setting your internet browser to the market/country/language you would like.

You can do this by tools --> Internet options --> Languages --> Add --> Then select the country you would like making sure it is at the very top.

You may need to clear you Internet broswer cache and cookies, close the brower, re-start and go to google!

BTW - Google use reverse IP lookup technology, meaning if you are browsing from an Irish IP address, you will always be detected as being from Ireland. But the above may help!

Install the 'Google Global' addon for Firefox and you can tailor your search results to whatever country you want!

[broken link removed]

Had enough - tried everything and it still redirects me to the Ireland site and deletes my preferences.

Bing, here I come.....

Back