Google has launched online spreadsheets

Could this be useful for Askaboutmoney?

As there is no table facility in Askaboutmoney, would it be an easy way of providing tabular information? Can you give read only access to people?

Would someone like to experiment with it by incorporating a table within a reply to this thread?

Brendan

I don't think that anybody can test anything yet. I have a Gmail account and can't access anything. All I can see is the pretty pictures/screenshots. Perhaps they have actually announced rather than launched this new feature?

Yeah, its not available yet, I took the tour, looks good. Looks like an online version of excel. Obviously it'll be feature limited but you should be able to do all the basics.

If someone hasnt already Id suggest getting the address askaboutmoney@gmail.com , create the website askaboutmoney.googlepages.com and use that site for linking any spreadsheets. There can be realtime editing of the spreadsheets by multiple users but Id imagine you'll need a gmail address to so. Ive been playing around with the pages.google.com websites for a couple of months now, very easy to use.

car said:
Yeah, its not available yet, I took the tour, looks good. Looks like an online version of excel. Obviously it'll be feature limited but you should be able to do all the basics.

It is available. I signed up yesterday and got an email allowing me use it. Looks nice, but it doesn't seem to allow you "Fill down" etc.