Google Calendar verification code

askU

I got an email from Google:

A Google Calendar verification code was recently sent as an SMS to your mobile phone. Can you please reply to this automated email stating this code.

Has any one heard of Google Calendar and what is it. I cant recall registering for it! More importantly will i be scammed if I reply to this message?

R

This any help? I'd be curious to hear how you get on as I get more addicted to Google all the time, but haven't tried this Calendar/mobile phone stuff yet. I take it that the idea is that when you note an event in your Google Calendar, you get a reminder/notification on your mobile phone.

I take it that the idea is that when you note an event in your Google Calendar, you get a reminder/notification on your mobile phone.

Since OP has never heard of the product (?), let alone used it, I'd be surprise. More likely, someone else may have invited him, it's spam from gooogle or 3rd party phishing...

OP, did you actually get the corresponding SMS? What's the sender address? I'd just delete both mail & SMS. If someone invited you then they'll contact you again, if it is an 'official' Google mail then sounds like it needs a better procedure.