Google Apps Spreadsheet compared to Excel

sartay

Is anyone making much use of the spreadsheet on Google Apps? How does it compare with Microsoft Excel in terms of functionality?

Looking to know if anyone used to use Excel reasonably extensively and switched happily to Google Apps without suffering too much!

Hi Sartay,

I have been using [broken link removed] for the past year, mostly the email application. As for the spreadsheet it is quite different to Excel in usage more so than features. It does need getting used to it. what I do now is use Excel and then save the sheet in Google Apps. I then have access to it anywhere and anytime.

I heard the new Google Chrome will have much stronger and better to use office suites. Until then my be advice is use both when it comes to spreadsheet ( and word at that).

Good luck.

TK

I've been using both. Google docs spreadsheet is fine for small spreadsheets...but anything a little complicated it takes a long time to load and update.

A bit off topic but an alternative is Openoffice. It's free and very similar to MS Office to use.