Good wireless home security system in South-East?

mct1

We're looking for one and I was interested in Eircom Phonewatch until I read the posts on this forum! Now I'm beginning to wonder if they're more trouble than they're worth. But it seems to be the way and a few of our new-build neighbours have (annoying) wired systems. Our house is 30 years old and spread out so wired is out. Any recommendations please - we're down near Wexford town.

avoid eircom at all costs..... pure nitemare to deal with my parents got their got one security system from o neill electrical in wexford very efficient/professional/reasonable [broken link removed]

best of luck

What's so annoying about wired systems? The fact that they're cheaper? Cost less to run?

What's so annoying about wired systems? The fact that they're cheaper? Cost less to run?

The OP poster didn't personally attack wired alarm systems. I would assume having to rip apart the house in order to get the wires around it is annoying enough, it's certainly what put me off getting a wired one.

I'm looking to get a quote for a wireless system in Dublin. I've gotten one but I'm sure I can better it.

The OP poster didn't personally attack wired alarm systems.

Unless you count calling them annoying

Is the house a bungalow or two storey? If planned well, you can put a wired alarm into an existing property with minimal destruction.
Leo

Actually I only meant my neighbours' wired systems were annoying because they seem to make a lot of noise when they go off every time the power or the battery fails. Perhaps I'm mistaken then in having assumed that only wired systems do this (simply because the 2 houses near us that have Eircom wirelss systems don't have bells).

I'd be surprised if installing a wired system here was easy. It's a split level bungalow (because on a hill) with 3 extensions and lots of windows and external doors. But I'd be happy take advice on that from an installer. Thanks to acegsd and winnie for the recommendations that I'll look into.

Any more ideas?