Good Wine

J

justin_case

Good evening all,
dont shoot me if this has already been posted! 1st time poster here, (be gentle! haha), but long time reader of posts on here so have a fairly good understanding of the way this works....
Basically looking to buy wine as christmas gift for one or 2 important people (and no its not important as in brian cowen, so no deliberate bad suggestions please, its family kind of important!)
can ye please recommend some wines, both red and white that you would consider excellent and that you would love to receive as a christmas present, excluding the crazy priced stuff!
Thanks.

Well, wine is all a matter of taste really, everyone has their own favourites.

Superquinn have Faustino 1 on special offer at the moment for €17, down from €23.59. That really is an excellent wine, and at that price I'll be stocking up. SQ offer a further 5% off when buying 6 bottles or more.
Leo

Well, wine is all a matter of taste really, everyone has their own favourites.

Agree. I don't drink white myself but I (and many other red drinkers I know) love the Wolf Blass President's Selection range - probably about €22/23 a bottle. Liquid velvet.

Mad Fish is a similar price and very good too IMO.

thanks guys, il check those out. not a wine drinker myself, so all opinions appreciated.

I've posted here before about what I regard as the best value, good wine.

I reckon that the Tierra Del Sol Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva and Sauvignon Blanc Reserva from Aldi are the best around. €8.99 a bottle, I think.

Just noticed in a flyer at the weekend that Wolfblass Presidents Selection Cab Sav is 2 for €20 in O'Briens. Think its normally 17/18 each.

Back