Good Vietnamese Restaurant in Dublin City?

Is HO SEN the only one? I'm not sure. It's good but the staff don't (or didn't when I was there) speak much English so ordering was a pain. The worst thing is that the restaurant smells a little fishy.

Hi, I was in HO SEN a couple of months ago and didn't encounter any of Cahir's issues. I absolutely loved it.

I think Ho Sen is the only one (the only proper Vietnamese in Dublin). OP, it's in Temple Bar near Club M. If you haven't been, it's worth a try. I used to go fairly regularly but did find that the quality of the food and service went a little downhill over the years - I probably haven't been in about 18 months though.

Ho sen is great, I love ho sen, the one thing I miss about living in the city centre . I love the quail starter it is yummm. The guy who owns/runs it (tim?) is australian so I never had any issue with ordering and I can't stand fishy smells so I never experienced that there either. Yum yum yummm. Opposite the entrance to club M near its got a white front and it is yum

I'd recommend it too, the spring rolls are gorgeous and i think they do a reasonable early bird too.

Given that Fish sauce is a staple in Vietnamese food I would worry if there wasnt a slight hint of fishiness about the place. Havent been to Ho-sen in a long time - now you've reminded me I think its time for me to pay them a visit. Last time I was there (Over a year ago) it got two thumbs up from me.

had a great meal there in september, my first time there. found the staff delightful and the food great, definitely no smells other than the delicious fragrant aromas from the food.

Is this restaurant still open? I tried phoning but the line just dies. And it seems to have disappeared from menupages.ie.

I was there years ago and loved it.

No, it's been closed a while. Also recently closed is Gruel and the Mermaid on Dame St.

I've only been once, but Wolfes on Capel Street was fantastic, lovely food and really good value.
[broken link removed]

If you're in the mood for Asian, Koh in the "italian quarter" is really nice too.