Good value SUV

MichaelBurke

Anyone got any advise (and I know there are a few of you out there) on what is a good value SUV to buy? What's the Pros and Cons.

The new model Hyundai Santa Fe looks a good compromise between price, size and performance and is streets ahead of the old model.

New Santa Fe is a fine SUV. Test drove one recently. Only concern is the engine size now 2.2 vs 2.0 in the older version

The old one was more economical and a good reliable spacious vehicle for the money.

I have a 03 SF and love it, the new one is class looking but taking the initial depreciation into account is a problem.
One thing about the older sf is that starting off sounds like a tractor.

I have recently bought a Toyota RAV 4 2.2 D4D Sol and I love it. It is lovely and compact and the interior is the same as in a car. It is very lively (nearly too lively). It is much cheaper to run than my previous petrol 1.6 primera. I laugh when I hear people speaking about "gas gussling suv's".

I have just come back from a trip driving my parents 270 ML and I would much prefer my RAV 4 - its so light and easy to drive, and I always loved driving the ML before and would borrow it any chance I had.

Have an x5 myself-tremendous car. Would say its good value as a second hand car, its the tax thats not value for money. Like driving an armchair and channel surfing at the same time. Same goes for all 3l engines

Bought a 2007 CRV ES Auto today. List price inc del and metallic €44,595....got it for €40,300. Not bad.

the new CRV is nice looking machine. Best buy in an SUV would have to be a manual diesel though

nissan pathfinder - seven seats - fullsize off-roader - reliable and 50k new

mind you, got my new 06 last year for 41k - so deals can be had............