Good value in the masters?

onekeano

Mediate, Rocco 22 - 1

and paddypower will pay 1/4 the odds for being in 1st 3

Roy

PaddyPower are no suckers.... final leaderboard here.

However, I've always found the odds to be offered by PaddyPower to be significantly less than elsewhere. My Grand National horse, Nil Desperandam was 40/1 on Ladbrokes and only 33/1 on PP.

ronan_d_john said:

However, I've always found the odds to be offered by PaddyPower to be significantly less than elsewhere. My Grand National horse, Nil Desperandam was 40/1 on Ladbrokes and only 33/1 on PP.

Fair play. I had it in the sweep at work, but bet on Ros Comm on PP .

ronan_d_john said:

Eh, Ronan.... I thought the same about PP odds vs Labrokes until....... Roy Junior happened to pick Nil Desp AND Risk Accessor which were 4th and 5th (unlike the 3 donkey's that I being the expert picked!). Off I trotted to Ladbrokes to collect on his TWO winners to discover that Labrokes unlike PP only paid on 1st four! That might explain the better odds offered by Ladbrokes but needless to say it was worth my while to cough up to Roy Junior than get an earful for 48 hours!

Roy

PS, and the masters didn't help either when Mediate insisted on repeatedly hitting the ball into a pond he took to on the 16th!!!!!!

only got 33/1 too on boylesports, though they too paid out on 5. mrs CU got the first 3 home. unfortunately had the least on number6v. always backs number 6.this time split the bet between horse numbered 6 and horse named number6. waste of time studying form.

cuchulainn said:
waste of time studying form.

I'd have to disagree here. Form, to my mind, gives you the confidence to place large bets. Plus helps with the decision on each/way or going for the win only.

Ronan: not horses I know. Football bet every week. Form you say. last weekend Oldham ( at home) beaten by MK Dons, who normally couldn't beat a dusty carpet. Bristol Rovers ( at home) beaten by R&D, who in turn normally wouldnt score in a you know where. Having said that, yes I do go by form and am having a ball this year. changed bookies this year for freebies and lodged €50 with boyles in august. still have over €150 in kitty and usually bet around €12 each week.just for fun. boyles gave me( extra freebies) a free €20 for cheltenham and blew it on tipsters advice when I should have stuck it eachway on hedgehunter. coulda/woulda/shoulda etc but they have also given me another €20 freebie for the world cup and oddly enough another €20 in August for next years footie. Don't really know why they did this to be honest. they are never going to get rich on me. probably will wind up with the €50 in the end. but then again I will probably spend that this weekend out with friends on Saturday night.
horses are not my strongpoint/favourite sport anyway bar the big meetings. and I dont like the flat at all. was at the curragh once for the budweiser derby three years ago.. bored silly by the 3rd race.
cheers
by the racing that was. the crack was good. the company was good. the weather was good. maybe the racing was good too but just watching horses run 5/6/8 furlongs with no interruptions seemed boring to me.