Good value in-Northwood Apts, Santry, Dublin

anuj21k

Hi,

Didn't saw any recent discussion on these on form so want to start one. Well there are decently priced 2-3 bed apts on sale here at present seems like good value to me.
What love to know what people living in there or around the area, and in general think about the area, apt etc.
Thanks,
Anuj

Hi Anuj21k
I and my OH purchased one of these apartments in Northwood and moved in in 2005. We lived there for two years. The area is nice enough but we did have some trouble with "boy racers" on the spine road. Afterwards a number of speed bumps were installed. There are more services now than there was then, but I didn't feel that the security that was paid for (and you should check fees, because some areas of Northwood are deemed to be commercial and so higher rates are due for apartments in some areas). There were a lot of apartments rented out and some antisocial behaviour, but I think you will get a certain amount of this anywhere. I think that most of the owner/occupiers that lived there when we were there have now moved on and either sold or rented. We were lucky enough to sell ours in 2006. I feel sorry for the person who bought from us but we are in no better position than them as we also bought that year.
My OH is a builder and thought the spec of the apartments in this area was a lot higher than in other areas, however I know that some people did have problems with noise transfer between apartments.
Hope this helps...

Thanks
Thats an intersting and in depth feedback from someone who was being there, food for thought :)

Back