Good value filing cabinets

Z

zag

Anyone know where to get a good value (under €100) 4 drawer filing cabinet ?

Argos used to have them (I bought one and it was great), but they don't seem to list them anymore. I think it cost something like €80 or so.

I have had a look at the various office places, but they all seem to want a lot more than that.

Suggestions (or second hand filing cabinets) welcome . . .

Cheers,

z

Someone here got a comfy chair from Viking direct and they seem to have filing cabinets.....

[broken link removed]

stobear - thanks for the link.

I had a look through the specs and prices. Seem to be reasonably good value, but not quite the price point Argos were at. They have a 4 drawer economy model for €149.99 (ex vat & delivery).

They are now at the top of my list, but if anyone else has any suggestions it would be great.

Cheers,

z

I haven't used them myself zag, but I undersstand from a previous discussion you can get some freebies and I thought delivery was free.......but damn and blast that 'search this site using google' thing fails me.......

Stobear

There used often be small ads in the back of the Irish Times for office clearance sales (or similar). You might be able to pick up something there.

second-hand office furniture

try Liquidated Furnitures Sales Ltd in Finglas or Inchicore. They usually have loads of filing cabinets, some of them in very good condition.

just ring them first to make they have some good ones in stock, just in case

tel: 864 0539 Finglas or 4731806 Inchicore

Regards
Bubbles

Filing Cabinet

Viking Direct do some excellent offers from time to time.

I got a free 4 drawer filing cabinet last year with the purchase of 6 boxes of hanging files (€90 for them if I remember correctly).

Their recent e-mail offers quote a executive leather chair for €49 ex-vat.

Can't beat them for value, when they have offers on. - just register on their mailing list & wait till your offer appears!!

Re: Filing Cabinet

I like the sound of that leather chair, it would go down very well for a game of footy on the PS2.
Ahhh cushty..:hat

Re: Filing Cabinet & Viking Direct's Leather Chair Offer

Dobber22,

You must have missed this thread on neonitrix's good purchase. See here

Re: Filing Cabinet & Viking Direct's Leather Chair Offer

Oh yes that does look cushty and at that price I think I'll splash out on one.
Thanks Sueellen ;)

Re: Free Foot Bath with Diaries

I eventually bought 2*2 drawer jobs (at €50 each) from Argos which turned out to be solid enough, but given that they were self assembly and made of wood(ish) they were never going to be as good as a decent metal one. Also, while they were the correct width, they were a bit shallow and so didn't hold as much as a proper one.

The other day I salvaged a perfect metal 4 drawer cabinet from a skip just down the road from the office. It's amazing what people throw out these days.

There was a whole rake of smaller ones sitting in a skip across the road a few weeks ago, but unfortunately by the time I got to them they had all been rained on.

z

p.s. anyone want to buy some pre-used Argos filing cabinets.

Back