Good Quality Timber for Airtight Stove

porridge

Hi,

I am searching for some good quality timber, at a reasonable price, for an airtight stove. This is our first year using the stove to heat our house. The quaity of timber make a huge difference to the running of the stove. Dry, hardwood is the best. We have been testing our timber with a miosture meter. Timber with a moisture content above 20% is not working out due to slow burning and smoke.

For the last few days I have been using "Hot Logs" which are fabulous, very low moisture, and no smoke. And while I would love to burn these for the whole winter i am finding the cost a bit prohibitive (€250 for 0.75m3 of timber).

I have also tried timber from solidfuel.ie, the cost is lower €325 for 2m3, timber is reasonably dry, there is some smoke. This timber is imported AFAIK, which is nagging at my concious a bit!

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations of good quality timber at a reasonable price?

I was checking on donedeal this morning and there are any number of guys selling timber. I bought a trailer load and am getting it delivered for €140. [broken link removed]

Hi Porridge! i want to suggest you to search it on internet. Take help from search engines they might provide you the useful data which you are searching.There are so many which can provide you hardwood at a reasonable rate and then it would be better to review once before you decide to choose any.

Back