Good quality mattress and where to purchase

Bazoo

Can anyone recommend a really good quality mattress. There is currently an ad running in the Irish Times for a foam mattress at half price (currently selling for about e895 from memory). Don't have the ad to hand but apparently this type of mattress in based on the memory foam developed by NASA used to cushion astronauts in space. Wondering if anyone is familiar with this particular product?

Alternatively, would be interested in anyone's experiences of Tempur, King Coil or other quality brands and where to go for the best deal. Thanks.

I'm also looking for a good mattress and the memory foam ones seem to be worth checking out. I got 2 memory foam pillows and they really are very good. Sealy mattresses are supposed to be very good and expensive. I think it's something that one should shop around for with caution as you're stuck with it once you have it.

You should spend good money on good shoes and a good mattress because if you're not in one you're in the other! With that written my money only goes on King Coil mattresses with 2000 springs per 6 foot - that is to say that if the mattress was 6 foot wide it would be made with 2000 springs, so if you buy the 3 foot version it would have 1000 springs. They are mmmmmm sooo good!

I love my bed

never buy a mattress without testing it first.

best mattress I tested was a king coil, but everyone is different.

try arnotts, clerys and a few furniture stores.

Once you've located your choice, source it on the internet for cheaper. (even including delivery from the UK)