Good quality letter box

Carmel

Can anyone tell me where to get a good quality letter box that won't bang in the wind. We replaced the original one in the house with one from B&Q last year, but its no better.

Is there any trick to keeping them closed stiffly enough so the wind can't catch them but still easy enough for the postman to open?

Tks
C

Hi Carmel,
we bought one that has the opening on the top of the box, with a flap that closes down. I take it you have one with the panel on the front and this is why its banging. we got ours in the orchard garden centre in celbridge. It would be similar to this one in argos.

Ian

Thanks for the reply Ian. What I'm looking for though is a letter box that fits into the front door, not a wall mounted one.

C

Interlock in Deansgrange should be able to sort you out if its good quality brass that you want or Knobs & Knockers in Nasseau Street. They will be alot dearer than your average hardware store.

Try fitting a spring type hinge to the flap so it is harder for the wind to lift it but not a problem for the postman.