Good pub/restaurant for a 30th: Dublin City

HellsBells

Hi,

I am trying to organise my 30th birthday... I would prefer not to rent a room and then be scared stiff that no one is going to turn up... So I am looking for a place where we can get something to eat and then drink and dance the night away..... I know not much to ask for....

The suggestions so far is the Left Bank, I haven't been there before!! But from the pictures on the web I'm not sure if they could cater for 20 - 25 people at the one/two tables???

Or if anyone has any other suggestions to wear I might find a place like this in Dublin City centre that would be great...

Re: Good Pub/restaurant for a 30th

Hi,

I had mine in Dwyers on Lower Mount Street. They have lots of different areas they will reserve - I had 20-30 there at different stages.

They do platters, plus have a late bar/dance floor downstairs also,
Bee

We had our post (registry office) wedding dinner for immediate family in The Schoolhouse and then repaired to the bar (with finger food and a reserved section) to meet friends and it worked out well for in or around that number of people.

Had mine in the Odeon - They will reserve rooms - I didn't as, like the OP, i was scared no one turned up. But over 50 did and we took over a whole corner and stayd there all night. Everyone really enjoyed it.

The Bleeding Horse at the top of Camden St really looked after us when I organised a 30th recently. They reserved an area upstairs (which they locked off during the day), but it's open so other people can come in later if there's space.

They do great bar food, and did platters of nibbles and sandwiches for us. Staff were really really helpful. They also kept the cake in the fridge for me and helped us with plates, etc.

I couldn't honestly recommend them more!

Re: Good pub/restaurant for a 30th

Dandelion in stephens green looks good. Anyone had a party there?

Re: Good pub/restaurant for a 30th

Have to agree with a number of the suggestions above.

Have had the last two work Christmas parties (~40 people) in the Schoolhouse and both have been nothing short of excellent.
The Odeon played host to a birthday party recently (~60 people) and again everyone left praising the place.
The Bleeding Horse I've never used for a party, but I love the pub and the food is always praise worthy.

If food was the main factor I'd aim for the schoolhouse, if some pubbing and dancing is more important then I'd edge for the Odeon.... the Bleeding Horse may just be a nice mix between the two (Bleeding Horse and Odeon do have the advantage of being a little more accessable with the Luas).

Back