Good price for a pyrolytic self clean single oven?

M

metar

Hi,

Have decided to buy a pyrolytic self clean single oven. Was looking around at a few shops for prices. Most entry level models from the big name brands, e.g. Bosch, Neff, Miele, seem to start at around €1000. The Bosch one I was looking at in particular is the HBN730551B.

However, in DID I found they have a pyrolytic oven from Zanussi (Model no: ZPB1260SS) for around €500.

Does this seem extemely cheap? How can it be so much cheaper than all the other brands?

Does anyone have recommendations on different brands pyrolytic ovens?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi
I am interested to know as well as we are planning to buy a pyrolitic oven in the next few months, my sister has the Bosch you mentioned and she is delighted with it, we had a look in power city's web site and they seem to offer it for 902.35 with the online discount. Have you seen it anywhere else at a better price? Would like to hear about the zanussi oven also, it is a lot cheaper but is it reliable?
Thanks

lluvia,
Will be going around some more shops in the next few days, so will let you know how I get on.

I haven't seen the Bosch any cheaper than Powercity online. Looks a good price even comparing to UK websites.

Am a bit suspicious of the Zanussi at that price, but we'll see what the shops say!

If you mean pyroclean I spoke to a repair guy some time ago who recommended Neff. We have De Dietrich which I have found to be good. Miele have a very good reputation but their products are expensive.

we have just bought the zanussi from powercity, will let you know how we get on.

word of advice, always ask the sales assistant in powercity if they can do anything with the price.......everytime they have knocked a few extra euro off for me.

We have a Bosch HBN 730550B and it is brilliant.
Word of advice though make sure your kitchen is well ventilated (lots of windows open) when running self clean in high mode.
The fumes can be something else, but worth it to see the small pile of ashes left behind.

Back