Good place to holiday Nov/Dec for 10days?

emmt

I have the last week in Nov and the first week in Dec off and am looking for some ideas of where to go. Just me and the hubby and we love trekking, nature, fab scenery, nice pubs and restaurants but dont do the mad nightlife so much anymore! Not into lying on beaches either from dawn til dusk and dont fancy too many flights like Dub-LHR-bangkok...etc.

These are the places that have been going through my mind
- Costa Rica - but too late to get the shots
- Skiing in Europe - dont know if it is too early in the season
- Canada - would it freeze you out of it?
- Orlando - is it kinda plastic?
- Canary Islands - you'd get the sun here but not mad keen on the idea.

Anyone got any recommendations for a nice place to go for, say, 10days? Been to South Africa twice and loved it. Also done Yosemite, Grand Canyon and loved that as well.

Any ideas, help......!!!

Egypt (scuba, and you could head to Petra in Jordan)? Morocco? (haven't been but I gather the mountain trekking is great there)

How long do you need for shots? Central America is fab, although Costa Rica is one of the more expensive countries - Honduras/Guatemala also fab.

Sprite

I wouldn't write off the canaries totally especially for ease of getting there. Fuerteventura is a beautiful island and not the usual 18-30 madness you'd usually associate the other islands with. I also believe the smaller less known islands such as la gomera are lovely.

I wouldn't write off the canaries totally especially for ease of getting there. Fuerteventura is a beautiful island and not the usual 18-30 madness you'd usually associate the other islands with. I also believe the smaller less known islands such as la gomera are lovely.

I'd agree with that - in fact it would be a great place to visit in those months as you'd get to see all the sights without huge crowds. I'd suggest you go to Lanzarote or Futerventura. the two islands are only a very short ferry trip apaprt (you can clearly see Futurventura from Lanzarote). Explore both islands. There's really loads to see - even if most people only see the pool and the bar. In Lanzarote there's a huge volcanic national park which is well worth visiting as well as Caesar Manirique's (not sure of the spelling) cave. Google both islands and you'll find out what needs to be seen.

Or Crete (now that I think of it!) Mountain trekking excellent and there's the Samarian Gorge in the south. Xania (Chania) in the north is a lovely city.

Sprite

We're off to Malta for two weeks from Dec 1st. Staying at the Fortina Spa (which we have stayed at before) and booked direct with the hotel. Good deal I thought at £1500 for two people, all inclusive 5 star hotel. Also includes the harbour trip,thallassotherapy sessions and Spa Sante sessions and flights from Luton with transfers to/fromthe hotel.

Back