Good place for 2-3 nights for family over christmas

nod

I know its a bit early but my family (me,wife,3 kids 2,4,7) would like to get away for a few days between christmas and new year. A Hotel would be best,anywhere in munster or Galway/Mayo would be great,nothing too expensive,just comfortable and place with things to do.

Newstalk were suggesting Limerick city would be a good place for a few days over the Christmas period. They have ads promoting the city on their radio station. Here's the website they were advertising

[broken link removed]

The Castlecourt Hotel in Westport has some excellent deals particularly in the week after New Year. We stayed there last year for 2 nights, interconnecting rooms and it was only about E300.00.....2 adults & 1 child...which was really good seeing as we had 2 rooms.

They have excellent leisure facilities & good kids club.

killarney is a great location for a short break. It always has something happening. Most hotels are good and lots to do.

Just found Hudson Bay Hotel in Athlone doing 2 nights B&B and 1 dinner for €105 per person,sounds good and hotel looks great,plus theres a kids club.

Back