Good or Bad Idea to get Laptop from Ebay?

lemrac

Dell Ispiron 8200 for 533 Euro. Standard retail price is approx 2,000 dollars.
Dell are no longer selling this laptop, got retail price from PC world. Any advice if I should buy it? Would they still make parts should something go wrong?

Have a look at these. You are buying refurbished machines direct from Dell with a full Dell guarantee. Don't think you can go wrong but then again I've never bought a laptop in this way yet.

Let's know how you get on if you do use it.

[broken link removed]

(BTW obviously going to be quiet at this time as I'm sure most normal people have other things to be doing other than buying a laptop on a Sunday night)

Lots of dodegy laptops scammers on ebay. This guy only takes bank drafts for foreign buyers so that rings alarms, though his feedback is ok. (if [broken link removed] is it)

On the other hand, this is an old/basic spec machine, refurbished not new & it doesn't mention having a guarantee. Add in postage (£40 to UK) & it will cost €600+

The link sunnyboy provides above gives better deals. Check also
dell outlet
and their TV/press ads

Should be able to get something equivalent, new with a guarantee for close to €600

I would recommend having a look at the Dell outlet store http://www.dell.ie/outlet
You could pick up an excellent laptop with warranty for around 750 euro.
You need to look early in the morning as systems are limited and people tend to put them in their carts, at which point they do not show up on the inventory.
Or the Dell website has entry level laptops from 479.
If it is the one I found on ebay for 553 + 45 delivery, I don't think it is a bargain and the seller doesn't accept paypal outside UK which may be a bit dodgy.
You need to remember that it is probably a good few years old and the battery may need to be replaced.
The price you were quoted was probably the price it sold for 3 years ago.

( Post crossed with tigers above)

Last edited:
Hi,

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this site to you but its really good and i use it all the time. All of the laptops are brand new. Don't know what spec you are looking for so can't really recommend any of the ones listed. But here is the link anyway. [broken link removed]

Back