Good Luck to all Leaving and Junior Certificate students

JP1234

I am not sure how many folks on here have offspring going through these from tomorrow but Good Luck to all. By that I mean the ones taking the exams and the ones taking care of the candidates.;)

My own son seems surprisingly relaxed, got a little bit stressed this afternoon when he couldn't find one of his mock papers, then blamed me for sorting out his books by subject and leaving them and associated bits of paper in piles on the kitchen table! I am very much looking forward to getting the kitchen table back. which has been a collection of strewn books/papers/chewed pens for months now.

Heres looking forward to 23rd when he takes his last exam.

Brings back memories of this time last year .......... so glad its over :)

Good luck to your son and to all the sons/daughters/mothers/fathers who are goin' through the mill at the moment with leaving or junior cert.

Good luck to them all. Strangely I can't really remember my own. I wasn't that bothered at the time. I have to say, I find the whole idea of the LC a poor way of assessing students and creating decent citizens. At best, an exam should be about 50% of the marks given. We want educated people who are interested, critical, innovative and thoughtful. We also want people who are emotionally developed and socially responsible. The LC does nothing to really develop well-rounded, well-grounded people and not just worker bee's. At some stage we are going to have to overhaul all of this.

well paper 1 English done and dusted. He said it was a breeze....;).The only paper he has concerns about is English Paper 2 tomorrow.

A few people got up and walked out during the exam. I never understand that, what have you to lose by trying to get through it?

Back