Good location for self catering with kids ireland

Bamhan

I want to book a self catering holiday for some time in August and there will be 4 children aged 4 and under.
I want somewhere that I can drive to and park up for a week with the minimum of driving involved thereafter.
We got the location wrong last year and ended up spending a week in the car trying to find children's parks and beaches etc.

I know there are loads of sites from which you can book but I am looking for a reccomendation on an actual location which offers:
A children's playground
A beach
A shop
within walking distance.

If anyone can reccommend a suitable area Please do....

Why not try Trabolgan in East Cork. You don't need to get into your car from when you arrive - LOADS of activities on-site and the advantage of Midleton town nearby for shopping and lovely beaches nearby. Playgrounds, mini golf, bowling, grocery shop, swimming pool, kids clubs and lots more ON-SITE!

If you want to get out and about, you could take the children to Fota Island to see the wildlife... about 10min drive http://www.fotawildlife.ie/

[broken link removed]

Lorz said:
Why not try Trabolgan in East Cork.
[broken link removed]

I second that recommendation.

Last year (when kids were 4&2) & this, we have stayed in Trabolgan and it ticks all the boxes you put up. Can't vouch for the beach though as it was Easter when we were there but I believe the beach in Ballycotton is good.

Enniscrone is also great. There is Waterworld, playground, mini golf etc.. shops, cafés, though not too many decent restaurants. Beach is amazing and stretches to 5km and there are lots of waterbased activities organised throughout the summer. Self catering here in a 4 bed house ranges from 400 - 600 as some holiday houses are closer to the beach than others. We go every year for at least a long weekend and kids love it!

I living in the area so haven't stayed in Trobolgan, but a lot of locals go there on a Saturday - and highly recommend.

Great beach at Garryvoe, Murphs in East Ferry do good food, and ardmore not to far if you want a really large beach. Rainy bays plenty to do in Trobolgan or head to Perks in Youghal (about 25 mins) indoor amusements.

Eoin

Back