good location between Naas & IFSC?

harza

Any thoughts on good location for couple in which one is working in Naas and the other in the IFSC. Train from Naas/Sallins not an option as need to be at work in IFSC by 6:40am in mornings.

Probably need to supply a little more info here.

Is free parking available in IFSC or Naas?

The [broken link removed] would definitely be handy for the IFSC.

How much money do you have to spend - apartment or house? Presumably no children?

Any preferences yourselves?

I am in Kill now for a few months and love it. Only thing is traffic is mad from Kingswood Interchange onwards heading down to red cow roundabout. I turn off at Kingswood Interchange so its fine for me. There are a couple of bargainsin Kill(one in particular I know of) too!

They would be better off trying to find a place closer to the IFSC as then the person commuting to Naas will be going against the heavy flow of traffic morning and evening.
A friend lives in Rathfarnham and works in Naas and leaves at 9.20am to be in work for 10.00am

I would have thought that the ideal place to live would somewhere near Heuston Station ( Kilmainham, Chapelizod, Smithfield)

The arrow direct to Sallins and the Luas to IFSC.

This of course depends on your own preferences city/country living, apt/house.

Tallaght may be another viable option ( Luas to IFSC, short drive against traffic to Naas)

Would have free parking in Naas but no such option in IFSC. Difficulty is the early time that need to be at IFSC for. There is not alot of public transport before 7am. Had thought about Heuston Station area / Kilmainham.

Would have free parking in Naas but no such option in IFSC. Difficulty is the early time that need to be at IFSC for. There is not alot of public transport before 7am. Had thought about Heuston Station area / Kilmainham.
Buy in Heuston Station area / Kilmainham and cycle to IFSC. It would take under 20 minutes.

Gallery Quay; Grand Canal Square ; Pearse St area; just walk across the river ; walk anywhere really. No need for a car.

With such an early start I would like to be very close.

Leixlip / Maynooth. Train directly into connolly station and about 20/25 minute drive to Naas. I think the first train gets into connolly just befrore 7. is the 6:40 flexible. If not its only about a 20/30 minute drive to the IFSC at 6am so roughly equal driving distance for both of you.

First Bus Eireann Naas to Dublin goes at six ten, it is supposed to be in town by seven. My reading is that the most difficult commute is the citybound one. I agree with purple so best bet is if you base yourself near a Luas, you will definitely get into the city for 6:40 - bus services are very hit and miss across the city for early birds go to www.dublinbus.ie to check out routes. Kingswood is nice and would beat the worst of the commute for the Naas bound partner and IFSC bound would just hop on the Luas. Both could avail of tax saver ticket.

Chapelizod is lovely but your Naas bound partner will suffer congestion on N4 approaching M50 and then getting onto the Red Cow unless commuting by train from Heuston to Sallins or Bus. I would not base myself in the city centre if the Naas commuter has to drive. Inbound traffic on St Johns Rd is in a mess even during evening rush hour due to roadwork. Also the north quays are down to one lane due to the QBN - therefore it will always be slow on North Quays. Getting bus/train would be fine to Naas. Bear in mind it can be along limp in the evening from Naas out the Monread Rd to the station. Also as far as I know Irish Rail do not provide a shuttle to/from Naas for every in/outbound service at Sallins. Worth noting if you clock off early and want to jump on a train to Heuston, a taxi or the local bus would be in order from the town.

It all very much depends if you are young at hearts or planning a family - not sure if this is applicable. You need to take into account local amenities.