Good G.P. in Castlebar/Ballina/Kilkelly etc?

dubinamerica

Hi - Anyone know of a good GP in around any of these areas or closeby? I'm willing to travel as I am desperate to find a good GP in the area! By good, I mean someone that will arrnage a test (such as bloods) and then actually follow up on results and will take the lead in advising what should be done, as in what medication is required. AND do this in a reasonably timely manner.. Not leaving weeks go by and many phone calls left unanswered !! Also - if there are any doctors that are good with children ( I don't mind having two separate doctors) that would be great. Willing to travel so Ballina, Castlebar, Charlestown, Kilkelly etc would be fine !! Any info would be appreciated.

Hi - Anyone know of a good GP in around any of these areas or closeby? I'm willing to travel as I am desperate to find a good GP in the area! By good, I mean someone that will arrnage a test (such as bloods) and then actually follow up on results and will take the lead in advising what should be done, as in what medication is required. AND do this in a reasonably timely manner.. Not leaving weeks go by and many phone calls left unanswered !! Also - if there are any doctors that are good with children ( I don't mind having two separate doctors) that would be great. Willing to travel so Ballina, Castlebar, Charlestown, Kilkelly etc would be fine !! Any info would be appreciated.

Dr Aodain Townley
Claremorris
phone 094 9373984
One of the best I have met, she will phone you with results the minute they arrive and if any delay she is on the phone checking to see why, she is great with children she has 1 of her own.

Last edited:
Also agree with above about Eadoin Townley. Absolutly fantastic doctor. Brilliant with kids and adults and follows everything up. Took us a long time to find such a good doctor.

Great - thank you for the replies !! I really appreciate it. We have been trying for some time to locate a good doctor and have already switched docs and are still not happy. Thanks again for the names!!

I am not sure if this contravenes our guidelines on not discussing medical issues.

We do not provide medical advice on Askaboutmoney other than to provide links to support groups and medical forums. Posts offering medical advice will be deleted. This does not apply to availability and pricing of medical services, health insurance, tax relief for medical expenses. Here are some sites which are better equipped to deal with such issues: I got the following sites from The (English) Times Also

Back