good family location in Europe?

dubinamerica

We haven't holidayed in Europe in about 7 or 8 years as we've lived away and have been mad busy since return. Looking for a destination for two weeks starting the v. end of July. Any recommendations.. one v. young child (too young for kiddie clubs) + teenager (teen club or equivalent would be good).. looking for nice relaxing break. Also, due to paranoia, any place with relatively good health system in case of any unforseen issue..

Check out menorca its a great family friendly island ,very child friendly from what ive been told, numerous friends and family have gone there over the last couple of years and sing its praises ,not too far either.Think falcon have good hotels and hols on their books.

Can't give you any recommendations re : kids. However, if you are looking for something that's relaxing perhaps try Paphos in Cyprus. It also has the added bonus that their health care system is excellent and one of the reasons, I've chosen it as a retirement destination. They also drive on the same side of the road as us and a more helpful & friendly race of people you could not get (with the exception of the Irish of course :p ).

Portugal is fab and spotless. I could'nt believe when we returned to Ireland how dirty our streets are, filthy. As I was walking up the street got a mouthful of dust, made me realise that we did'nt see a scrap of paper, dust or dirt on the streets of Portugal.

Would agree with the other people who have posted.
Portugal is very clean and not expensive. Also in the Algarve they have trips out to a lovely places, one such place is called the Zoomarine which children absolutely love as there are animal shows, a Peter Pan show, Dolphin shows etc.
The beach out there was also spotless and I have to say that I never seen any papers around the streets.

You haven't said if you want a seaside place or inland. If you're looking for sea you could do worse than places like Vodice or Sibenik in Croatia (clean, good transport links and more than enough for a family to see and do, plus the medical facilities are good).

Inland you should check out places that would leave it cool in two senses, for the teen and the baby. Hessen in Germany is lovely at the time, as is Slovenia (lovely lakes, forests and accessible towns).

Back