Good Dublin/Limerick Hairdresser for Thickish Hair?

O

OnYerBike

I'm suffering from a few years of bad haircuts and almost at my wits end. I'm not into trendy, asymmetrical (and the like) cuts, but want a v flattering, comparatively natural-looking shape. My hair is shoulder length, thickish, and naturally wavy. (With the right cut it can be delicately curly, which I like.) I'm mid-maintenance when it comes to hair - I can't be bothered with too much every-day styling. What I'm looking for is a hairdresser who knows this hair type, who does natural-looking styles v well, and who will look at my hair and my face and exercise good judgement when giving me a cut. Is this too much to ask?

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

Running the search option produces recommendations for a hairdresser in Limerick. They might give some advice. Not sure if they are relevant to the thick hair aspect though. There may be others for Dublin also.

There are some Limerick names there all right. (None for Dublin though.) Thank you.

Halo - Roches Street Limerick. Very good and friendly salon, I would highly recommend thgem.

i use halo on fade street opposite hogans and i find them excellent. in fact, your hair sounds remarkably similar to mine - ask for Azeria (pronounced Ax-zaria) - terrible name, great stylist!!

Best of luck!

(by the way, I have no affiliation)

Thanks guys. I'm afraid someone in Halo in Limerick gave me a bad mullet once so I'm afeared of going back for more mulleting. But if I'm still looking when I get back I will book a consultation and see. In the meantime, I'm in Dub so I will book a consultation at Halo on Fade Street. Any more opinions/recommendations?

just to let you know - there's no relationship between halo dublin and halo hairdressing in Limerick. I don't know how 2 salons have the such similar names but they're definitely not the same salons (or franchise). I only found out about halo hairdressing in limerick though google but one has nothing to do with the other.

best of luck

Hi,

I found Richard in Toni and Guy Dame Street very good, mine is quite thick but not wavy, their no. is 6708745. Quite expensive though.

M

Thanks for the comments. My problem is solved. On Highly's advice I went to Azaria at Halo in Dublin, and I am definitely happy. So internet advice forums can work...*

Ah, the eternal problem, I have similar hair! I found Kim in Peter Mark in Nutgrove shopping centre in Dublin to be the first person to give me a haircut I was actually happy with. Most times anyway.

I'd like to do the whole stylist thing though and be assessed for a style and cut and possibly colour that would suit my hair and face etc. Is Halo the place to go? Roughly how much is it there for a cut?