Good documentaries on TV at the moment

horusd

BBC 2 Wed. @9pm "The Code". 1/3

Promo.
"Marcus du Sautoy reveals a hidden numerical code that underpins all nature. A code that has the power to explain everything, from the numbers and shapes we see all around us to the rules that govern our own lives. In this first episode, Marcus reveals how significant numbers apear throughout the natural world. They're part of a hidden mathematical world that contains the rules that govern everything on our planet and beyond."

I don't know if anyone saw this last night? It about how key mathematical principles underpin everything. Maybe it's just me, the program was interesting, but I found he didn't explain enough. I don't find comprehending some maths principles easy.

Another good series that's on now is "24 hours in A&E " Channel 4 also 9pm (but can be watched at 10 on C4+1). Anyone following it? It's a fly on the wall documentary filmed at Kings Hospital London.

I only watched the first half of The Code before switching over to a movie on another channel so I still have to watch the second half. I also thought that he didn't explain enough, rather a lot of time was spent on flashing images and other useless and non relevant dramatics. Interesting though.

Noooooooooo!!!! I missed it!!! :(

I hope they'll upload that on youtube please...

Numbers are incredible I agree... Like the greek P and the Nepero's Number, etc....

I really enjoyed Catfish on More4 recently.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1584016/

That was quite a story I have to say. the title did not give too much away but I was gobsmacked by that story!

National geographic also has a new series on every Wednesday evening. It is more about how people aroudn the world live really: things that you would not even imagined or make it up!

So far, there has been the Adlut baby ( a man in his thirties who enjoys wearing nappies, a woman in love with the Berlin Wall, and last night it was about hoarders) It is an hour documentary but 4 topics/cases are explored within the hour. I have it series linked as I find it fascinating!

Oh and River Monsters with Jeremy Wade.

Other good documentaries on at the moment are the CNBC docs.
There has been one: Cruise INc, Inside Google Mind, the bottles water industry, Target etc... There are often repeated. Very interesting

The Tenements on TV3 is good

If you like it you should watch Strumpet City
The entire series is on youtube

Back