Good deal on sharp lcd

• Thread starter howards way
  • Start date
H

howards way

I ordered a Sharp 26" LCD Television Model LC26P50E on line, The price was shown at €799 plus €14.50 delivery it had a promation code which gave me another €30 of it, I got delivery in two days

Excellent-but where online did you buy it? (internet is a big place you know....)

Happened to be looking at two Sharp models in P50 range 32"and 37" both on special offer in DID stores at present.I was tempted but resisted when the Sales chap told me they are expecting the new Sharp range next week!
These will be fully HD ready and have enhanced features to the P50 range -not saying however that the P50 is a bad buy....but!

I got my Sharp 26 inch lcd (high def) just over a year and a half ago and paid.......wait for it.....1,900 euro (200 less than the going rate). CCOVICH please please close this thread as its too painfull to read !!!

I'm planning on closing it anyway if the OP doesn't say where they availed of this deal......

Sorry about that Ccovich

Sorry about that Ccovich

I got it on [broken link removed]

I put the promotion code in the delivery notes to get my €30 off
the code was 1157

howards way said:
Sorry about that Ccovich

I got it on [broken link removed]

I put the promotion code in the delivery notes to get my €30 off
the code was 1157

Fair enough.

Where did you get the code?

Got the code

Got the code from a leaflet handed to me at connelly station

I got this exact model from a DID sale at Christmas for 600 euro. I have it in my bedroom and it's great for the bedroom but I wouldn't want it as my main tv.

landlord said:
I got my Sharp 26 inch lcd (high def) just over a year and a half ago and paid.......wait for it.....1,900 euro (200 less than the going rate). CCOVICH please please close this thread as its too painfull to read !!!

sorry if this makes it more painful, but there is a very strong chance esp. if it was the Aquos model that it is not HDready more like HD compatible, ie has the HDMI interface but not the screen resolution required 1366x768 , so yeah plug in skybox but still view ordinary resolution.
Thinks if it says HDMI on the front opposed to HDready thats the one
Not saying it was deliberate more like a mistake coz even one very well known
and reliable Irish website had a paricular model marked as HDready. Maybe a trip back to store required 18 months ago but may be able to offer you a good
offer on something.

landlord said:

sorry if this makes it more painful, but there is a very strong chance esp. if it was the Aquos model that it is not HDready more like HD compatible, ie has the HDMI interface but not the screen resolution required 1366x768 , so yeah plug in skybox but still view ordinary resolution.
The LC50P50E on buy4now.ie is definitely non HD.
and reliable Irish website had a paricular model marked as HDready. Maybe a trip back to store required 18 months ago but may be able to offer you a good offer on something.

and in answer to the wall mountable query, yes is answer any LCD/Plasma up to 65" anyway can be mounted

potnoodler said:
The LC50P50E on buy4now.ie is definitely non HD.
and reliable Irish website had a paricular model marked as HDready. Maybe a trip back to store required 18 months ago but may be able to offer you a good offer on something.

and in answer to the wall mountable query, yes is answer any LCD/Plasma up to 65" anyway can be mounted
just checked mine is a Sharp LC26GA3E Aquos and has a DVI input not HDMI, which i think with an adapter can receive the high def. As for the resolution, the specs at the back of the manual say "number of dots (1366 x 768 x 3)"........please tell me after spending 1,900 euro a year and a half ago (for just a 26 inch) that i am now good to go for "high def"

Hi landlord, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that model isn't "HD Ready" compliant.
Leo

Back