Good Car Rental Company

P

porscheman

Hello all

Can any please recommend or mention your favorite car rental company in Ireland. I have to rent a car for a few days and one site that reviews the companies has nothing good to say about any of the them. I have not a clue who to use. Any help appreciated. I would be returning car to Dublin Airport so easy access to company drop off area would also be a bonus .. Thank you.

Go to 353 Car Rental and go directly to them at the desk. I always get a cheaper quote when I arrive on the day and can usually barter them down a little (something you cant do with a website). They are in the arrivals hall in Dub Apt, and a company bus will bring you directly to the car (approx 2 mins away from the terminal). Lovely staff too.

thank you all so much ...

Just wondering also how easy is it when returning a car? I am not familiar with the location of the return areas at Dublin airport? is it easy and well signed? can you walk from return area to airport to get your flight ~ or do I need to leave lots of time after I drop off car to get to airport main area? thank you all again. I ask as if 353 needs a bus to get to car.. do i need a bus after I return car?

thank you for all the great help.

The bus goes back and forth every 10-15 mins. Its not far - you could walk it if you wished to. I find the best thing to do is return the car about 30 mins before my check in time, just in case there are any problems that need checking. I then check myself in for the flight, get a coffee and read the papers until its time to board. I certainly wouldnt leave it too close to check in time.

Two I have used are Auto Europe and Car Hire 3000. both very good. the latter has possibly the better prices overall. Here is the website http://www.carhire3000.com/ compare prices on both. These are agents for car hire firms so you will have plenty of choice at Dublin airport.
Leave plenty of time in your schedule when returning your car just in case of problems.

I've done some research on this previously & I found that booking as far in advance will get the better price.
unfortunately I got a really good price & didn't book until 2 weeks before I needed the car & ended up paying a similar price.
check out the agents they do seem to offer better value & book early.

look here:
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=113216

I hired a car recently and had toll charges but much higher than I expected, I queried this with the rental company and was told there’s a 50% administration charge on tolls.

I don’t know if this is standard with all rental companies but it might be worth asking about if you are going to be on toll roads.

Twofor1, the toll fee is standard. I pay my tolls directly when I hire and provide the receipts upon return of the car, this way they know I have paid and I will not be charged again.

I was told all M50 charges would be taken from my credit card a few days later, I assumed they would be the standard charges, but this company charge an additional 50% administration fee on top of each standard toll charge.

I will be wiser the next time.

Back